Its March in Minnesota, which means spring will arrive soon-ish. Its time to get our homes ready for the snow to thaw and hopefully prevent any water from creating damage in the process. Priority number one will be to make sure you are watching for any ice dams or blocking of water to flow away from the house. This winter has been particularly rough for roofs and ice dams due to the large amounts of snow. As the snow and ice starts to melt if it doesn’t have a way to drain away it will make a way, and usually this means into your home’s interior. I recommend visually inspecting your roof and monitoring for issues before it becomes a problem. I can recommend several professionals that can help if you need. Here are a few other home maintenance items to check off your list for this month.
- Visually inspect roof for ice dam build up
- Check all gutters and downspouts
- Spring declutter-one room at a time
- Replace batteries in smoke, CO2 detectors
- Change furnace filter
- Clean garbage disposal
- Clean and vacuum window treatments
- What else is on your March to-do list?